Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear Steve Martin,

After suffering through a critic's copy of your new movie, Pink Panther 2, I came to a conclusion, I have just one thing to say to you

Please, stop.

You used to be funny, or if not funny atleast entertaining, but now, like many others, Martin Lawrence, even the once great Eddie Murphy, to name afew, you're just not relevant anymore. And though I have no issue with you attempting to save your career, I find that the more and more I watch you fail in one film after another, the sadder I become, you used to wait and find the right role and the right film, but now, it seems all you are looking for is a paycheck, you've become David Spade and its just painful to watch. Infact, I find your Inspector Clouseau insulting to the role and to the memory of the great Peter Sellers, you remind me of one of those comedians on Last Comic Standing that gets up and does impressions, but is completely clueless to how badly they do impressions of people, or in simple terms, the crowd isn't laughing WITH you, they're laughing at your inability to do the role. You have become a sad empty husk of what you used to be, and I'm sorry, but bringing down one of the greatest comedy movie series of all time, The Pink Panther series, down with you, is just wrong, so I will ask you once more...

Steve Martin, please stop.


signed,

everyone that used to think you were funny.

P.S: the word hamburger is said "ham-brr-gr"


====

Laz

0 comments: